Monday, May 21, 2012

Arts and Crafts Birthday Party - repost

In honor of Grace's 4th birthday, I had to share her 3rd birthday party again. 

Color, paint and play as we celebrate Grace's 3rd birthday. Arts and crafts was the theme of the party from start to finish. If you are interested in the details, keep reading...

Since the party was a crafting themed party, I focused mainly on our crafting center.


To cover the table, I used 2 rolls of packaging paper, from the dollar store. At each seat, I attempted to draw a frame.


Instead of recycling my cans, for a month, I kept them figuring they would make perfect containers for crayons and paint brushes. The table had an assortment of washable (these are 3 and 4 year olds after all) paint, water colors and crayons.

 
At Hobby Lobby I was able to find wooden wands for $1 that the girls painted and $2 wooden trains, with wheels that actually moved, for the boys to paint.


Every artist needs a gallery. I found a simple and AMAZING tutorial here that walks you through the process of converting pictures into coloring book pages. I made one for each artist but definitely had a favorite or two. Thanks Photojojo for walking me through the process!


Party favors are my favorite part of any party. I had so much fun figuring out what our little crafters would take home with them. Fortunately, crafting runs in the family, my mom made all the personalized aprons out of the most adorable crayon material.


I spelled each guest's name out of crayons, you can see the tutorial here, and used that as not only a party favor but their gift tag. I also sent them home with 2 extra copies of their coloring book page.



Having focused so much time and energy on the crafting table, our decorations were kept simple (if you read between the lines this translates into 'I ran out of time'). 3s, balloons and tissue paper poms decorated the house and outside, though, it was so hot that by the time the party started most of our balloons popped. We also left out a jar for people to leave birthday wishes for the birthday girl. I love anything that has an element of memory keeping, which is probably why I have over 5,000 pictures of Grace and she's only 3.


Yes, we had one of those parties with a photo booth area.


The frame was suspended using heavy gaged fishing line. Eyelet hooks were added to the ceiling of our porch and back of the picture frame. The fishing line was strung between both the hooks on the ceiling and the hooks in the frame. It did take time to get the frame level and hung straight. If you don't have the time to hang a frame, we also took some pictures holding the picture frame.


Hung or held, the pictures taken using the frame were among my favorites. I can see why this is such a popular trend right now.


The theme of the party started with the painter's palette invitations.


Continuing that theme and inspired by the painter's palette cupcake tray I saw here. Using a jig saw and a piece of scrap wood, we were able to create our own version.


 For the cupcakes, I started with white store bought icing and added a few drops of food coloring to mimic different shades of paint.


All in all, I would say the party was a success. Memories were made. Great pictures were taken. Most importantly, the kids all had fun.


Wait until you see what we've come up with for her 4th!  

63 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing party! it is great that you made something so special for kids that young.
    it is a great idea and i am sure can be used for older kids too.
    love the whole set-up!
    hugs
    jutta
    ps: Very curious now to see what kind of circus party you will throw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is about the coolest idea I've seen in forever especially for a kids birthday party...I just love this. you are so creative and original..

    LOVE IT!!!! Thanks so much for linking and sharing!

    Carri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carri. It definitely was a party I was very proud of. It set the bar high for future parties. Hopefully, I have a good party planned for this year so our guests won't be disappointed :)

      Delete
  3. This should be reposted every year! It's that fantastic. My daughter has had some fantastic parties for my granddaughter, too. It's so much fun to pick a theme and then run with it, isn't it? Definitely should be reposted every year....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous party! So many great ideas. I have pinned this for future reference :-) I love what you did with the "Grace is 3" signs. Is that chalkboards on a fence?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What a fun party! I love the table.. the frames are super cute! The photo booth is awesome too! The whole party was great :)

    Ps.. make sure you check out my giveaways this week! Lots of great stuff up for grabs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea. I love it. The picture booth is adorable. My favorite is the cupcakes as an artist's palette. So creative. I can't wait to see this years. When is her birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! I try an pretend that I'm crafty sometimes so I know that those things must have taken you forever. I'm pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coloring book idea and the picture frame idea are fantastic. I will have to use them sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable! I would have LOVED this birthday...actually I still do! I should have done it for my 30th :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is ADORABLE!!! Last year for my little one's bday party, I wanted a photo booth so badly, but had no idea how to pull it off... cute, cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing!! Have a great week, girl!

    -Heather
    Stringtown Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super duper cute party!! I L-O-V-E love all the details... love the frames you drew in each child's work stations... adorable aprons.... sooo LOVE the crayon tags spelling out the names (BRILLIANT!)... the gallery was such a smart idea; I'm sure the parents loved it! Did you have to ask the parents for pics or did you have those on hand? I'm a big fan of the painter's palette as the cupcake tray. Oh and of course those invitations are too adorable!! Photo booth is always a fun idea!! My SIL may be a doing a art themed party for her daughter this summer... I'm going to have to share your party with her. Totally awesome job Amy!! I can't wait to see this year's party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maysem, you always leave the SWEETEST feedback. Thank you so much for all your very thoughtful comments. Since we've had this party, I've found so many art themed things to pin. You should check out my party board on pinterest...

      Delete
  12. How fun is that??? I've always thought an artist party would be a blast! You've inspired me to try it! Thanks Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun party! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute party ideas! Love all the cute details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun party!!! I love the giant frame you used in the photo booth! So cute! Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome party! I would love that fo my birthday! Love the frames you drew at each place setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is too cute! I love everything about it and the theme is a great one! The photo booth, aprons, and cupcakes are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that frame for pics idea! Thanks for linkin up!
    Kim@madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Amy, I feel like a really bad mom after looking at these pictures. Grace's party looks like it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! I love the aprons the best I think, they are perfect... and the crayon names are super cute too!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the CSI Project this week! We loved seeing your party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that is such a great theme for a party. I often suffer from "ran out of time" those invites were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun party. What a great idea to give the kids "coloring book" pictures of themselves. I bet they squealed. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katharine. The coloring book page was my favorite.

      Delete
  23. Old post comment love: This party looks simply amazing. I wish Jake was more into arts and crafts because I would love to throw a party like this. My favorite is that awesome Gallery. What a smart idea. I'm pinning this in the hope that one day my little guy might be more into art ;-). Or maybe this will just be for my next birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice Informative Blog having nice sharing..
    Rods & Reels

    ReplyDelete
  25. Greetings from California! I’m bored at work so I decided
    to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can’t
    wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fast your blog
    loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just
    3G .. Anyhow, excellent blog! Whatsapp Status

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are really hardworking person. your blog is osm. thanks for writing such article vodafone customer care number

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite is that awesome Gallery. What a smart idea. I'm pinning this in the hope that one day my little guy might be more into art ;-). Or maybe this will just be for my next birthday party!

    http://resultwala.in/sarkari-naukri-in-rajasthan/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Guys, Welcome to the Website. Now after giving the examination of the MSBU, You are looking for the result of BA Part 1st, first Year BA, then this is the right place. Here you can check your roll number wise and Name wise result. MSBu is the best university Bharatpur and it takes many examination . So if want to study MSBU then you can choose the course of the MSBU.
    MSBU Name Wise Result BSC 1st Year 2019

    ReplyDelete
  29. awesome post keep it up. I like your post you work well. Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well.
    sad status in hindi
    broken heart status
    hindi status on love
    royal attitude status in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  30. checkout Latest Hindi Status Attitude Collection in Enhlish & Hindi Language.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow best post I really enjoy this awesome post. Thanks for sharing this post.
    Attitude Status
    Howtoimpressagirl.online

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many thanks, However I am encountering issues with your RSS. I don’t know the reason why I can't subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS problems? Anyone that knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanks!! https://kbcgameshow.biz/

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a nice blog having powerfull lines.
    good night quotes

    ReplyDelete
  34. Changing it according to the system's use, and then producing an outcome are referred to as technology systems or technological systems.
    Awesome write dude just wanna to read again and again. Thanks fro you share:
    Ledger Wallet Customer Support phone number
    Coinbase Support Number
    Quickbooks Support Phone Number
    Ledger Support phone number
    Ledger Nano Support Phone Number
    Ledger Wallet Support

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is the right site for everyone who would like to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which has been discussed for ages. Wonderful stuff, just great!

    kbc lottery winner

    ReplyDelete
  36. nice work buddy https://opstatus.in/assamese-whatsapp-status-love-romantic-status/

    ReplyDelete





  37. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! 출장마사지





    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice content and thanks for sharing such an informative and interesting blog, really nice required information. The things I never imagined and I would request, write more blogs and blog posts like that for us. Thank you once again.

    Name correction in Birth Certificate

    Name change in education certificate

    Surname change after marriage

    Name change in punjab

    Name change affidavit

    Name change after adoption

    Name change gazette

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank You for sharing such an amazing Content: I would Love to share in Photographers in Greater Noida @blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...